After months of leaks and speculation, Apple finally unveiled the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max at the Apple event in September. And these two iPhones bring with them significant changes.
The infamous screen notch is finally gone, but the iPhone 14 Pro also features a new 48-megapixel main camera, a new A16 Bionic system chip, and other improvements. We’d say this is one of the most important iPhone Pro updates in a long time.
Here’s everything you need to know about the iPhone 14 Pro.
Cheat Sheet On The IPhone 14 Pro: All The New Details
- The notch is gone and has been replaced by a pill-shaped cutout that houses the Face ID sensors and front camera.
- This cutout is called a “dynamic island” that changes size depending on notifications like calls or Face ID usage, AirPods loaded, and background activity.
- The new screen is now brighter, with a brightness of 1,600 nits and thinner edges. Peak brightness is 2,000 nits for sunlight use.
- The display is now always-on thanks to new technology that also allows it to operate at 1 Hz, and has a new LTPO panel that dims the display significantly in power-saving mode.
- The new A16 Bionic system chip combines performance with efficiency through 16 billion transistors. It is manufactured using a 4-nanometer process and has a 6-core CPU that outperforms the A15 Bionic but consumes less power than the competition; think Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. It has a 5-core GPU with 50% more bandwidth and a display engine powered by Dynamic Island. The neural engine can now process 17 trillion operations per second, which helps with compute-intensive photos.
- The new 48-megapixel camera promises more detailed photos and better low-light shooting and is up to two times more powerful than the iPhone 13 Pro thanks to Apple’s new Photonic Engine. The ProRAW camera can now also be used at an uncompressed resolution of 48 megapixels, allowing more flexibility in editing white balance and tone mapping.
- All three cameras (main camera, telephoto camera, ultra-wide-angle camera) have improved low-light performance. A new flash with 9 LEDs facilitates this.
- Video recording is in 4K resolution at up to 40 frames per second in Cinematic mode, and a new mode is introduced thanks to improved video stabilization.
- Apple promises “all-day battery life.”
- The iPhone 14 Pro can automatically dial 911 in the event of an accident.
- The iPhone 14 Pro will still be available for $999 and the iPhone 14 Pro Max for $1,099. Pre-orders will be accepted starting September 9, with a release date of September 16.
IPhone 14 Pro Release Date
The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max will go on sale on September 16.
However, those who want to get a head start on the crows can pre-order both iPhone 14 Pro models starting September 9.
iPhone 14 Pro price
Despite the rumored price increase, the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max will remain at their starting prices of $999 and $1099, respectively.
Considering the upgrades offered, this seems like a generous offer from Apple. However, Apple was silent about the initial storage space, stating that it will reach 1TB. This probably means that the storage will not start at 256 GB, as was previously rumored.
Both phones will be available in four different colors: black, space gray, gold, and the new Deep Purple.